Greenhouse Accounting Frameworks (GAF) for Australian Primary Industries
The Farm Greenhouse Accounting Framework Tools are freely available below for the following industries:
- Dairy (D-GAF); Sheep & Beef (SB-GAF); Cropping (G-GAF), Feedlot (F-GAF); Sugar (S-GAF), Cotton (C-GAF); Horticulture (H-GAF); Pork (P-GAF); Buffalo (Bu-GAF); Deer (De-GAF); Poultry (Po-GAF), Rice (R-GAF)
!Note These Tools are designed to:
- Align with the National Greenhouse Gas Inventory, to predict the magnitude and sources of Greenhouse Gasses emitted from a farm and a product at farm gate.
- We now include the direct Scope 1 emissions (e.g. methane and nitrous oxide), Scope 2 (e.g. electricity) and Scope 3 (pre-farm embedded emissions (e.g. urea manufacture). The Scope 3 emissions are essential to the carbon footprint (emissions intensity) but not to the farm boundary.
- These methods are subject to change as Australia’s National Greenhouse Gas Inventory which provides a summary of Australia’s national emissions is updated on a quarterly basis. These updates provide timely information for policy makers, markets and the public to understand how Australia is tracking against its targets. Please check for updates.
- For more detail on how to use these tools to conduct a farm carbon audit, please see these Guidelines for conducting a carbon audit.
Click the links below to download the MS Excel spreadsheet you require.
Soil Carbon Calculation
The GAF tools do not calculate soil organic carbon change. The following simple model can provide a good indication of the annual change in SOC, that can be deducted (or added) to your net calculation in the various GAF tools
Other Calculators and Tools